High Payoff Hiring
The ability to hire the right people is essential to the bottom line.
Have you ever found the perfect candidate during an interview who turned out to be the wrong person for the job, costing you money, time, resources, customers, and possibly even growth within the organization? Imagine if you could ensure the person sitting across from you in an interview would actually be one of your top performing employees. The ability to hire the right people is extremely important to the wealth and profitability of you and your organization.
High Payoff Hiring is intended for anyone involved in the hiring process. As a hiring manager you need to have a hiring process that covers all the essential steps, from creating a solid job description to making an offer. Through interaction and skill practice you will assess your current hiring needs and learn how to fill them with top performers.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluate your current hiring skills and the costs associated with your past hiring decisions.
- Identify your selection criteria for current positions you have available.
- Learn how to effectively create or update an existing job description.
- Gain a clear understanding of the interview process from screening resumes through the four parts of the interview.
- Analyze the best questions to determine how the candidate will really perform within your organization.
- Identify the most common hiring mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Learn how to effectively evaluate the candidates and make an offer.
- Set up systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress.
Having an effective interview process will save you time, money, frustration, and resources and will help provide you with the tools you need to grow your business. The company is only as strong as the weakest employee. Invest your time and energy into finding the right people and you will achieve the results you want through your greatest investment, your people.
1. Evaluating the Process
- Assess your current hiring skills.
- Analyze costs involved in making hiring decisions.
- Determine your selection criteria.
2. Preparing for Effective Hiring
- Create specifications through a job description.
- Update or create a job description.
- Determine the most effective ways to recruit qualified candidates.
3. The Interview Process
- Prepare for the process.
- Identify positive and negative characteristics throughout the screening process.
- Execute a phone interview.
- Prepare and set up successful interviews.
- Discuss four parts of the interview.
- Identify fundamental interview questions.
- Understand the importance of behavioral-based questioning.
- Avoid common hiring mistakes.
- Understand the legalities of hiring (if applicable).
4. Making the Hiring Decision
- Execute a second interview.
- Understand the use of employment assessments to aid in your hiring decision.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Evaluate candidates and make an offer.
5. Managing the Hiring Process
- Identify cost per hire.
- Write a personalized action plan.
- Complete a performance plan to assist with professional growth and development.