High Performance Teams
Create an organization in which people's hearts are in their work
Few would argue that people are in organization's most valuable asset. Do you want better quality, faster response time, higher productivity, greater sensitivity to customers, and improved profitability? People make these happen.
High-performance teams are more than a group of people working together to accomplish a common task. They share a common vision and purpose that inspires their performance. They feel accountable for their work. They solve problems, make decisions and act like full partners in business. When you attend this program you will learn, from foremost experts in the field, how to create a team environment that results in outstanding performance.
“The performance challenges that face companies in every industry...demand the kind of responsiveness, speed, online customization, and quality that is beyond the reach of individual performance. Teams bridge the gap“
- Jan Katzenbach and Douglas Smith, The Wisdom of Teams
- Gain an understanding of how teams differ from traditional work groups.
- Create a team charter that includes a clear statement of your team's purpose, operating guidelines, performance objectives, and an ideal team vision.
- Learn good meeting management skills, critique your meeting effectiveness and develop action plans to improve your meetings.
- Identify your team's customer requirements and how these guide team performance.
- Analyze and streamline the core work of the team.
- Clarify team member roles and responsibilities and ensure greater accountability.
- Set up systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress.
Formulating a clear and compelling strategy is one of the most important tasks that leaders of an organization can accomplish. It is not something that would be nice to do when they have more time; it is essential to their survival.